Thursday, July 1, 2010

Rhyme time

Woopsy daisy I've been so lazy.


I guess 35 days turned into...35 and a few more?

I realised the other day that I actually don't know all the words to Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mo...which brings us to today's post.

Come decision time, I'll chant:
Eenie, meenie, miney, mo, catch a tiger by the toe, hmmm hmm hmmm hmmm hmmm hmm hmmmm, EENIE, MEENIE, MINEY, MO!

Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mo
Eenie, meeiey, miney, mo,
Catch a tiger by the toe.
If he hollers let him go,
Eenie, meenie, miney, mo.

During my very deep and meaningful learning experience I also found these other versions...

In the US of A some say:
Eenie, meenie, miny moe,
Catch a tiger by the toe.

If he hollers make him pay,
Fifty dollars every day.
 
Ohh and there's this mini one too::

Eenie meenie miny mo
Please sit down it's time to go

Over in the UK however:
 
Eeenie, meenie, miney, mo.
Put the baby on the po.
When he's done,
Wipe his bum.
And tell his mother what he's done
 
By the way #1.
I put this question to you: how would you spell 'Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mo '?

By the way #2.
I'm guessing a 'po' is some sort of device to hold excrement?


Hopefully, after reading this post, the next time you chant Eenie, Meenie, Miney, Mo you won't stop at "catch a tiger by the toe".

Quite the insightful post today ey?

From: An Ordinary Human Bean

No comments:

Post a Comment